Looking for denture repair in Pelham or Mount Vernon?
A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the tissues (gums) have healed.
An immediate denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after the teeth are extracted and the tissues are allowed to heal under the denture.
An upper denture has acrylic, usually flesh colored, that covers the palate (roof of the mouth).
A lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to leave room for the tongue.
The teeth are made of plastic, porcelain or a combination of both. Dentures can be fabricated to fit over endodontically treated teeth and a complete denture can be attached to dental implants to allow for a more secure fit of the appliance.
Dentures over a normal course of time will wear and need to be replaced or relined in order to keep the jaw alignment normal. The alignment will slowly change as the bone and gum ridges recede or shrink due to the extraction of the teeth. Regular dental examinations are still important for the denture wearer so that the oral tissues can be checked for disease or change.
What should I do if my dentures don’t fit properly, they need repaired or I am missing teeth and would like to talk to someone about dentures?
If your dentures don’t fit properly, or they need repaired then you can make an appointent to discuss replacing your dentures of having them repaired. In many instances dentists will often advise patients to consider dental implants due to the fact that dentures can cause damage to existing teeth and gums and do nothing to prevent bone loss. The choice is yours but the dentist will full explain your options.
We provide dentures in Mount Vernon at our Mount Vernon location:
- Full and Partial dentures
- Chrome cobalt partial dentures Repairs,
- relines & additions
- Tissue conditioners
- Permanent and temporary soft denture liners
- Gumshields & night guards
Many people wear dentures for a considerable part of their life. We believe that dentures can offer an effective long-term solution to the loss of natural teeth.
Our goals are to:
- Establish good relations with our patients
- Help you choose the treatment that best suits you
- Carry out treatment in relaxed, friendly environment
- Restore your smile and maintain it for many years to come.
- Our fully dentist works with the lab to take great care in the accuracy of his work from impressions to final fitting of your dentures.
- Our dentures are fabricated in a laboratory which allows us fully control the quality.